Featured in Montclair Magazine
"What's Trending In Home Design"
From the Original Article:
- Clustered Light Fixtures – With all the dark woodwork in the coffered living room ceiling, Weinstein needed to think literally outside the box. “We needed to get a lot of light in the room, and three lights are better than one,” she says of the plan, which updates the look of the old house.
- Conversation Areas – The banquettes and coffee tables, swivel chairs and ottomans that can be sat upon create circles of intimacy in a large room.
- Elements of Fun – As seen in the velvet splatter paint chairs.
- Painted Bookshelves – The aqua ties into the pillows, “grounded by the heavy, traditional chocolate sofas,” says Weinstein.
- Grass Cloth – The walls extending from the bookshelves are covered with the textured material, giving the room a cozier, more intimate feel.
- Treating the Ceiling Fan like a Fifth Wall – In this case, with metallic paint (gold, a popular color choice).
- Sisal as a Floor Cover – The natural fiber makes the room feel younger and more casual.
- Patterned Wallpaper – “Wallpaper is huge again,” Weinstein says. “I’m wallpapering everything like crazy.”